|This step-by-step guide describes how to create a sales order type transaction. A sales order transaction is used when selling inventory to a customer. Inventory can be packed against a sales order in a packing event or shipped against a sales order in a shipping event. See How to Pack Against an Order and How to Ship Against an Order for more information.|
- Navigate to the Transactions page from the main menu.
- Click the + Add Sales Order button.
- Enter an Order Date, Ship Date, and Delivery Date for your order.
- Optionally select a Status.
- Optionally specify a Sales Order No. This is a unique transaction identifier. A unique number is automatically generated for you.
- Optionally specify a Purchase Order No. If this sales order is intended as a linked transaction leave this field blank as it will be overwritten. See How to Create a Linked Transaction for more information.
- Optionally select a Customer. If this sales order is intended as a linked transaction the Customer must be a linked contact. See Linked Contacts for more information.
- Optionally select a Destination. This field will be short listed to addresses for the specified Customer. If no addresses appear in this list you can add new addresses for your customer contacts via the contact manager. See How to Add Contact Addresses for more information.
- Optionally select a Shipping Warehouse. This is the warehouse you are shipping from.
- Optionally enter any relevant Notes or Comments.
- Optionally add line items and adjustments. See How to Create Transaction Line Items and How to Create Transaction Adjustments for more information.
- Click the Save Sales Order button to save the transaction.
- Click the + Save and New button to save the transaction and immediately add a new sales order.
- Click the Save and Copy button to save the transaction and immediately add a new sales order that is a copy of the current sales order.
- Click the Save and Ship button to save the transaction and automatically create a new shipping event with the sales order attached.
|Content by Label|