This step-by-step guide describes how to record Field Pack events on your iOS device.
Creating a Field Pack Event
- On your Apple device, open the Croptracker app and log in.
- From the dashboard, select the Field Pack option; from here you'll see a list of all existing events.
- In the top right hand corner, tap the + button to create a new field pack event.
- Select a Packing Date, enter the Pack Lot #, select one or more Products, and specify which Blocks you're packing in.
- Select Show Advanced if you need to record food safety information or add notes or comments.
- When finished tap the Save button in the upper right to return to the Field Pack event list.
- Back on the event list, you'll see your newly created Field Pack event.
- Tap the blue dropdown arrow next to your event and tap Pallets & Masters. Here you'll see the list of pallets you've created in this Field Pack event.
- Next to the appropriate product header, tap the New Pallet button, then select how many pallets you want to create.
- The empty pallets should now be prepared and you may proceed to creating masters.
Note: If you intend on paying piecemeal rates, this is the point at which you'll want to Bulk Punch your employees into the Piecemeal Harvest activity - learn how the punch clock and paying piecemeal works by clicking here.
From here you have two options for creating masters depending on which workflow you're following:
Scanning - Detailed & Streamlined Field Pack Workflows:
- From the Field Pack event's pallet list, tap the barcode icon in the top right corner.
- When an employee brings up a new master, use the camera to scan the QR code on either the master tag or the reusable tag (again, depending on your workflow). The app will beep when the tag is scanned, and the tag's code will appear next to the Master Tag label.
- Select which pallet this master is going on, which block it came from, and either scan the employee's badge or select the employee from the list. Then tap Save Master.
Manual entry (internet connection required) - Bulk Checkout Field Pack Workflow:
- From the Field Pack event's pallet list, tap the dropdown arrow next to one of your pallets and select Create Masters.
- Select a product and a style, then enter how many masters you want to create.
- Specify which block these masters came from, and optionally which employee picked them.
- Tap Save.
Notes on syncing scanned masters
- Since the internet connection out in the field may be slow or intermittent, the app does not upload the scanned master to Croptracker immediately when you click Save Master - instead the master is saved directly to your phone.
- Every minute the app will automatically sync and upload the scanned masters to Croptracker.
- To manually trigger an upload, navigate to the pallet list for this field pack event, tap the blue dropdown arrow next to a pallet, and select View Masters.
- The Synced Masters list will display which masters have been successfully synced and uploaded for this pallet.
- The Unsynced Masters list will display any masters that still need to be synced (note: this is also where any sync errors will be displayed). Tap the Sync Now button to trigger a sync.